Breathing is one of the most basic but still one of the most important functions which body does. None of us would have ever given even a single minute to think about the pattern of our breathing when things are pretty much normal. However there are people for whom breathing can be quite a job and not as usual and general as it is for all of us. This happens when someone is suffering from any respiratory disease. Respiratory diseases are a big term which is generally used while we are referring a series of conditions which are affecting the respiratory system of human body. Hence if any condition which is affecting your lungs, upper respiratory tract, bronchial tubes, pleural cavity and even your nerves and muscles which are used for breathing can be said as respiratory diseases. There are many different types of respiratory diseases from which you can suffer. Some of the common types of respiratory diseases include asthma, obstructive lung diseases, inflammatory lung diseases, restrictive lung diseases, respiratory tract diseases, pulmonary vascular diseases and many more. Each of these respiratory diseases can be further divided into further sub conditions which can one or more parts of your respiratory functional systems. Here is a list of respiratory diseases which are prevalent across the globe.
List of respiratory diseases
- Common colds
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Cystic fibrosis
There are many different ways in which respiratory systems can be classified. Here are some of the common symptoms of respiratory diseases. Well symptoms of respiratory diseases vary from one type to another based upon the type of condition you are suffering from.
Symptoms of respiratory diseases
In case of respiratory diseases, you are likely to suffer from short of breath or even wheezing problems that too after engaging in some physical activity or even some mild exercises like climbing the stairs or walking. The wheezing sound is like a sign that airways have become narrower.
You might notice a continuous or even intermittent cough which is generally accompanied by mucus. There is sputum which is producing cough is present in almost all the cases of respiratory diseases and it is basically the primary signs of trouble.
One of the most common symptoms of any of the respiratory disease is the feeling of uneasiness and tightness in chest portion. In case if you are experiencing persistent tightness in chest area, you must have a check for the presence of ailments in the respiratory tract. Chest pain usually triggers up the panic and alarm in most of the people which is not compulsorily an indication of cardiac troubles but also an indication of more serious respiratory diseases.
This is not very much common symptom of respiratory diseases but if you find swelling in your fingers and toes along with cough, it might be best to check out for a problem which might be related to any of the issues of respiratory system.
Some of the respiratory diseases of high level might cause you to cough up some amount of blood accompanied with sputum. This is considered to be one of the most severe symptoms for respiratory diseases and thus it should not be taken lightly or ignored.
Because of excessive coughing, it is possible for you to suffer from pain and soreness in throat. You might also feel inflammation along with soreness which results in changing your voice and might also become bit hoarse. You also have a need to clear your throat again and again in order to get some relief from this issue.
In short respiratory diseases have effect on your overall health and body. This makes curing this respiratory disease very much important. You should never ignore any of the symptoms of respiratory diseases and should opt for its cure as soon as possible.
Cure of respiratory diseases
- For curing respiratory diseases, you must gargle two times a day with a solution of salt and warm water. This will not only help to alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms of such conditions but will also help in clearing out the respiratory passages which will expedite the recovery process.
- Consume a mixture which is made from equal parts of ginger and honey. This can ease up some of your breathing issues, hence giving you faster relief from the respiratory issues.
- Sterilize the environment of your home and also at your workplace so that if there are any bacteria or virus or fungi or any other harmful germs, they can be easily eradicated.
- If you are living in a city or in a closed environment, it might be a good idea to go to a park and get fresh air from there for at least half an hour.
- Drink a glass of warm milk by adding half tea spoon of black pepper and one full teaspoon of turmeric powder. This is one of the best cures for common cold and it also soothes the respiratory tract.
- Steam is also a great option for curing the symptoms of most of the respiratory problems. The best thing to do is take steam from freshly boiled water. Inhale this for 15 minutes or so. You can also indulge in taking nice hot shower.
Many of the times, for curing the respiratory diseases, first of all you need to find the cause of the diseases. Here are some of the causes of respiratory diseases.
- One of the reasons of respiratory problems can be low immune and low functioning of its parts.
- You can also suffer from respiratory issues if climatic conditions are not well or if there is excessive air pollution.
- Exposure to excess smoke or any kind of toxic materials which can include harsh chemicals, asbestos, fibers, dust and pollen can cause respiratory issues.
- Improper development of lungs before birth or even during childhood can also cause respiratory issues.
- Nutritional and social deprivation or unhealthy lifestyle can also be cause of respiratory issues.